Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hunting

I've been a little scattered! I completely forgot to blog about Easter and the egg hunt!

Sometimes my fondness for gatherings clouds the reality of my days. Even though I was scheduled to wake at 4:00 am to fly from Baltimore to Colorado  - with a layover somewhere in Ohio - I still thought it would be an excellent (Yes, I was going to type egg-cellent) idea to have the neighborhood gather at my house that same day for Easter dinner and an egg hunt.

To my credit, I did ask (usualy I don't) people to bring something to contribute. For some reason, lemons were on the mind. So, I made baked salmon (OMG! I freakin' loved it! I had a bad experience with this fish before, but it was awesome this time), roasted red potatoes and asparagus with lemons, lemon and herbed chicken, hummus (yum, lemony), artichoke and spinach dip, and rosemary and thyme bread. I cheated and purchased egg, chick, and bunny-shaped cookies, but I did manage to make ambrosia! Delish!

The  kids had an egg hunt out back. There were eggs all over the place - in the grass, in the trees, under the deck, around the neighbor's decks. They really had to look for them. Fun times!

The kids and I were egg-hausted by the end of the day. Though, well worth it, always, to have friends and family around.





No comments:

Post a Comment