Friday, March 5, 2010

Busy Days

I know I'm ahead with my things-to-do list, but I miss this blog!

It's been a busy couple of weeks...

* Last week, my friend, Elizabeth (the Starbuck's coffee drinker from the gym), turned 40! The kids and I placed handmade cards, a big balloon (Sorry it wasn't Hello Kitty!...I looked!), and a bottle of wine on her front porch so she'd be surprised when she walked outside.

* Someone else's birthday was this past week...Dr. Seuss. We celebrated with green eggs (Elsa thought this was awesome. Lucas, not so much.) and ham. Then we had the neighborhood kiddos over for a piece of cake. The cake was supposed to resemble the hat from The Cat in the Hat. I didn't have time to make multiple layer cakes, so I had to wing it.


* The kids and I went to see Schoolhouse  Rock at the Arvada Center for the Performing Arts - http://www.arvadacenter.org/.  It was a fantastic show!
Since we were a stone's throw away from the downtown area of Arvada (one of my favorite Main St. areas in Colorado), we decided to head there for lunch. We stopped at The Egg Shell. They have the yummiest veggie eggs benedict!
Elsa wanted to make sure we were going to go to Rheinlander Bakery (one of the reasons this downtown area is at the top of my list)  for a treat after lunch. She volunteered to eat all of her meal if I'd assure her that she could get a cookie on a stick. We were going to go regardless of how much she ate...that bakery is incredible!

I went a little crazy with the pics on here! Just scroll...




No comments:

Post a Comment