Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hopping Around...

The spring-like temperatures we've been experiencing in Colorado have nudged us into Easter mode. And when one thinks of Easter, images of bunnies (yes, I know Easter isn't about rabbits, so please don't go there with me) come to mind. Which in turn, motivated us to visit The House Rabbit Society in Broomfield.

(When Elsa was a about 10 months old, I would put her in her baby back carrier and strap her onto my back while I did volunteer work with this group of wonderful folks. For more information about volunteering, donations, and other ways to help, check out http://www.rabbit.org/.)

Before we got to the house, I was sure to let Elsa and Luke know that we weren't visiting to adopt a bunny. However, if they found a rabbit that they liked, we would sponsor it for the time it was living at the shelter. Luke was intent on finding a fat, floppy-eared, black bunny to sponsor, while Elsa was more interested in checking all of them out and taking in the surroundings. Though, she wasn't so thrilled about  the smell.

The kids decided on Sarah . I was charmed by Micah (Luke was going to be named Micah which is one of the reasons I was drawn to this little guy. Plus, he was so stinkin' cute. And friendly!) . There's no compromising when it comes to adorable, soft, nose-twitching, furry bunnies...so we decided to sponsor both.


No comments:

Post a Comment