Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pamper Someone

Unlike the east coast, where feet of snow have fallen over the past couple of weeks, the town where I live in COLORADO has ony received a few inches! Usually, we are out and about in the snow, but with another round of the yucks going through the family this past week, we decided to spend most of our time indoors.

Elsa was hit the hardest this time. She was getting a little ancy after the first couple of days of  recovery, but a little pampering helped ease her out of her funk.

I started rubbing Elsa's feet when she was a baby. It soothed her. She enjoyed it...so much so that after bath, while I was diapering her, she would emphatically place her foot in front of my face...waving it at me...so I would rub it. I thought a pedicure would be an ideal way to help her relax and take her mind off of not feeling well.

First, she soaked her tootsies in warm, soapy water that smelled of tea tree oil. Then came her favorite part...the massaging of the feet and legs. She loves it. She had to put her Ranger Rick magazine down so she could lie back in the chair and close her eyes. Lastly, we added some color to her day by painting her toenails.

How nice it feels to help someone else feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment