Monday, February 1, 2010

Interesting and Disgusting

Often, we think our children can only handle information geared to their ages. Nonsense.
My children are fascinated by anatomy. They want to know the anatomical names of bones and muscles. Elsa thinks the brain and heart are amazing. And Lucas wants to know specifics about the eye and vision.
So, I teach them. We learn through the internet (Google rocks), The Magic School Bus movie series (awesome stuff!), and from my anatomy books.
Every day, they ask me questions regarding lectures I've attended.
I shared with them a piece of information that I knew would garner as many "Ewwww" sounds as it did "
Ah-ha's"!

*Red blood cells die after a certain number of days (approximately 120) and are eliminated through our poo, which is why poo is - usually - a brownish color. (Obviously, there is more to the process, but you get the picture.)

Told you...Ewwww! Ah-ha!

2 comments:

  1. I've found with Luxe that she actually understands what I'm teaching her. We don't give these little ones enough credit. It's never too early to teach them how our body makes poop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share some Spanish tapes with them. If you have a cassette player I'll send you the lessons.

    ReplyDelete