Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bonding...

Usually, Lucas and I find something to do outdoors or we always seem to be going somewhere, doing something...like a Bisy Backson. Today, we chilled like shrimp on the rim of a cocktail glass.

I didn't get out of my pjs. In the morning, a friend came over for not-coffee*. Lucas was itching for some attention.  So when my friend left, Luke and I read books. Lots of them! It was fantastic! Sometimes, I feel that he didn't get as much one-on-one book reading time as Elsa did when she was growing up. She, by the way, is a stellar reader! Luke is interested in letters and words. He is finally at a place where he enjoys the story and has comments and questions (more of the former) about it. " What does this say?" was the question I heard repeated today. Loved it!

After reading, he wanted to make a fruit salad. So, we cut up pears and apple, added some huge red grapes, and dried apricots (his idea). When his 'hood friends came over today, he made sure to let everyone know about his creation. Then he would say, "Please, have some. Enjoy it." What a host!

*

My fabulously awesome cousin found some repeats in my list of resolutions. So, I need to add three more to make up for the doubles!

 ~Have a slumber party~

That's all I can think of right now.

Night!

Word of the day.
 According to T...
*not-coffee - noun. a liquid or dry, granulated substance bearing the same likeness in texture and smell to coffee, but lacking in caffeine.

1 comment: