Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not in this house....

The other day, Jeff, my former husband who still lives with me, decided that Fiona - one of our cats - needed a new cat-scratch post. Lately, she's been tearing up the carpets, but we refuse to get her declawed, even though doing so would be less costly than replacing the flooring.

I was out front, chipping away ice from the sidewalk,when I saw Jeff pull up in the car from his shopping trip. He got out from the driver's side, walked to the trunk, and pulled out a huge Ta*#et bag. GASP!

"You need to put that back in the trunk. It can't come inside."

"What?!"

"Remember, one of the resolutions was not to shop there. So, you need to return it to the store."

"Where am I supposed to get a new cat post, nut ball*? You always make things so difficult! And by the way, it's not my resolution."

" You can get one at that Willow place...they have all-things animal related. You could check the thrift store...but the post would need to be unused. Or, you could just fix the one we have...maybe put some new rope around it and it will be good as new.
And some of the resolutions are house resolutions."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that if you want to live in the house, you need to abide by the resolution."

"Where's the rope?"

*

Ah, I love my former husband. He's a good man.

*

Today, we finished turning a small room in the house into a therapy space for massage, reflexology...bodywork. I'm so excited! The room was his...that's where he's been sleeping since November 2008. Don't even ask..it's too long to get into right now.

*

I'm sitting here with a buttered loaf of rye bread...tearing off pieces, then dipping the chunk into my cream of mushroom soup. That should sum up how my cleanse is going.

Today, I read an article on Yahoo! news about winter eating and resting and how you shouldn't fight the urge to do both during this time of year. It was written by a doctor. It must be true. I'm heeding his advice.
The cleanse will need to wait. Spring cleaning.

*

*According to Wiktionary
Nut ball ~

An eccentric or crazy person

1 comment:

  1. haha I read that same article too. I liked it :)

    Nice job with the putting the foot down ;-)

    ReplyDelete