Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's New?

My friend, Elizabeth, was at the gym the other day. We were walking toward each other. I could see it in her hand. The smell of it was coming out of that teensy-weensey hole in the lid. Starbuck's coffee. Temptress!

We stood and yapped for a bit. She moves her hands while she talks. The coffee cup was swirling through the air...moving this way and that. My eyes were doing the same...darting, following the cup. We decided to circle the track a few times while we chatted. The java came with us.

I confessed that I was having a tough time without my mugs of coffee in the morning. She said that she wasn't surprised I was having withdrawal..it's always difficult to give up something delicious. Plus, she pointed out, there are some really great health benefits to drinking coffee.

I like healthy treats.

I went home and looked at my list. When I wrote it, I noted that I needed to LIMIT my consumption to one cup per day. YEAH!



So, I brewed up a dark roast and had some joe while I read the letter from my pen pal!

Life is too short to give up on delicious.

1 comment: