Tuesday, January 12, 2010

...POWER!

Solar power. For the most part, I understand how solar power works...harness the energy of the sun using, among other things, panels.
Hydropower. Build a dam = Energy = POWER.
Windpower. Been around for ages. Think Holland. (I was going to say something about turbines, but since I was married to a Dutchman, went with the windmill visual.)

I get it!

I know that if I want to purchase Power Rangers (which I don't), I can find them on ebay (instead of at the "super" stores).
 If I need to acquire Power of Attorney...1-800-LAWYERS.

Got it!

Feeling lucky? On Saturday, I can buy a Powerball ticket.

What I don't get is how I can buy, find, acquire some WILLPOWER!!!

Today, I started my cleanse. And finished it.
Is that even possible? Can you cleanse in 4 hours? I don't think so, but who can say.

My intention was to complete a week-long cleanse. Day 1 was to be only herbal teas, "juiced" produce, and veggie broth. Lots of water, too! As the week progressed I was going to add in chewables - veggies and fruit - yogurt, and eventually, bean soups. I wanted to wean myself off of processed sugars, carbs...you know the drill.

Water was the first thing that touched my lips this morning. Yippee! Off to a good start.
Then it was decaf. Ok, that wasn't on the list, but at least it wasn't leaded.
Feeling guilty, I had tea as well, even though after the coffee I wasn't that thirsty.

Lucas and I went to the gym. I did my 30 minute walk plus more cardio (I like to bike) and started feeling really hungry.
We headed over to Sprouts Farmer's Market to do some grocery shopping.

On the way home, I nibbled on a few of Luke's banana chips that we had purchased at the store.
Hmmm, I don't recall fruit being an acceptable item for consumption, especailly not chipped fruit.  But, at least it was a type of fruit. I forgave myself.

By the time we got home, Luke was asking me what the noise was that as coming from the front seat.
"My tummy is grumbling!"

11:30...groceries are still in bags, I'm leaning against my ugly slate-blue counter with an organic Gala apple in one hand  (huge bite taken out of it) and in the other, a handful of dark-chocolate dipped pretzels that I, without hesitation, proceeded to inhale.

Willpower wasn't on my shopping list, so I didn't even think about throwing it in the cart!

Later, I noshed on the leftover spring rolls that I made yesterday. I justified eating them because they were stuffed with veggies. Before class, I ate a skimpy salad with some balsamic vinegar on it.

As I was driving home at 10:30 pm from school, I was telling myself that the only thing I was permitted to ingest when I got home was tea. Sleepytime tea is wonderful when you are a little wound up from the day. I made my cup. Here I sit with it, along with a bowl of honey toasted cereal in coconut milk.

If you have any willpower* to spare, please send it my way. Thank you!

Whew, this was a long post!

I'm up an hour longer than I'm supposed to be!

Tomorrow, I'll try to cleanse again! And I forgot to mention that I started clearing out the area that I'm going to use for a therapy room. I'll posts pictures! (Of the room, not the clearing out of my intestines)

I have so much more I want to let you in on...a shopping trip, Valentine's Day cards, and gas day.

If you haven't checked out my other blog, please do. I love my kiddos so much and my posts there tend to cover some of the things they say and do. However, this week, with Valentine's Day around the corner, I might need to focus a bit more on the pillow talk! 

Kindest regards !

I couldn't resist...
Word of the day - WILLPOWER - The strength of will to carry out one's decisions, wishes, or plans.

2 comments:

  1. I pray every night for willpower along with winning the powerball but they are two prayers that have never been answered. Today I woke up and said , "Okay, today I have another opportunity to get on track". Remember the Cabbage soup diet? You were not supposed to eat only it for a week. I heard on a tv segment this week that it is a natural cleanse. My suggestion is to make a cauldron of it and then eat only a large bowl for lunch along with green tea. For dinner have a small bowl as an appetizer to cut your appetite and then eat wisely..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you specifically try and cut things out of your diet, that is ALL your body craves. Everything in moderation!

    ReplyDelete