Saturday, January 2, 2010

On track...sort of...

It's January 2nd and I've already done a few things on the list.
One thing I'm not too happy about is giving up my morning joe. I felt a little sluggish today. Morning Thunder is on my grocery list. Certainly, a cup or two of that will pick-me-up.
Yesterday, I went shopping with my friend Katherine. We headed over to Goodwill's NY day half-off sale (Holy cats...I typed Godswill instead of Goodwill! I knew it was ok for me to make the trip with her!)
I went looking for some things to put on ebay (so I can boost my transactions to 100). I found a gorgeous butterscotch-colored vintage leather jacket. It fits. Eventually, I'll sell it.
I picked up a few pieces of china - a sugar bowl and creamer - and listed them this morning. I did buy a spring-ish shirt, new-with-tags, for myself. And I got Luke a few pair of pants for daycare. The beauty of the trip was that I kept my purchase under $20.00...it came to $19.41. I let out a "Yeesss!" when I saw the total. I have to admit that I put back a pumpkin-colored 100% cashmere sweater and a pair of pants for Elsa in order to stay under my maximum.
The kids were ancy today, so we went to Color Me Mine to paint pottery. Their friend had a birthday, so as a gift, we took her along to paint too. Fun!
Today was full of cardio...I walked for the 30 minutes that I've committed to doing. Plus, I road the bike for another 30 minutes. For Christmas, my former in-laws gave me a new MP3 player. I downloaded a bunch of tunes that keep me moving!
I was considering starting a cleanse in the morning. Today, Yahoo! posted an article about the do's and don't of a cleanse, what you should eat, and so on. Initially, I thought, "What a coincidence...this is on my list to do and here's someone giving advice." However, it dawned on me, as I was eating gingerbread cookie dough out of a baggie that perhaps I'm not ready to take the plunge. ( I could go in a lot of directions with that statement...but it would be disgusting, so I'll stop now.)
Instead, I will be entering a contest tomorrow! Check back to see what it's all about! Oh, and I'll post pics in the morning of the last two days.

The two areas that need more resolving are the minutes spent on the computer, as well as the time I hit the hay. I'm about 39 minutes past my bedtime.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment