Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leg work

Beginning in May, my family enjoys frequenting the Boulder Farmer's Market. It's an all-day event! We go to the park, play in the creek, and visit with vendors. One of my favorite tables to visit is the one where they sell heirloom popcorn. It's organic, made in Colorado, and comes in an array of gorgeous colors! The kids had their friends over after school and we watched, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I had to break out the remaining kernels and pop up some snacks for the kiddos. These tiny morsels have a delicately sweet flavor and they melt on your tongue. They're awesome tossed with some raisins, pretzels, and chocolate chips. One more resolution - cooking popcorn the old school way - accomplished!



I've been doing quite a bit of online research, trying to find dance classes, Hepburn movies, and John Waters' birthday ( April 22). Really, I want to start dancing, specifically clogging, so finding an instructor has been a goal. We have a fantastic music venue in Colorado called Swallow Hill - http://www.swallowhill.com/ . I had no idea they offered clogging lessons! Yippee. I start on January 16th. I'm looking forward to this kind of leg work!
I've been remiss* with my house cleaning chores. Scrubbing, dusting, and buffing is what I'll be focusing on tomorrow. Fun!
*Remiss - negligent, lax in attending to duty.

2 comments:

  1. You'll find the Hepburn movies on Ebay. Clogging will be fun! You'll meet new friends, too! Another resolution suggestion-I emailed you about how I was going to keep all the red, white & silver angel ornaments on my Christmas tree as well as red bows, balls and white lacy handmade crochet ornaments. To truly convert it to a Valentine's Day tree keep only red and/or white twinkle lights. Hershey's red and silver Kisses could be bagged in netting and placed on the tree as a surprise for the kids from Cupid on the morning of the 14th. Children can make ornaments by cutting out red felt hearts and have fun decorating them. Hang them with red or white yarn or ribbons. Old Valentine's Cards may be used to cut out the picture and hang as ornaments. Winter is so depressing so it is a cheery way to brighten a corner of your home and keep children on their best behavior in order to be eligible for Cupid's surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make popcorn on the stovetop in our big stockpot because we have no room for an actual popcorn maker. Now that we've done it like this for a while I don't think I could spend the money on one.

    ReplyDelete