Friday, January 22, 2010

Baker, Baker



My Aunt Katie was an incredible baker. Before she passed on, she passed on her recipes for pound cake..all different flavors. However, according to my immediate family members, the orange cake seems to be the unanimous favorite. It takes the cake! In the photo, you can see where it crumbled a bit, only because I turned it out before it had cooled a bit (the kids were itching for a piece before bed!).



Here are the pics of the faux-fire and Crazy 8 cards. I pinky-promise that my carpet isn't as dirty looking as it appears in the picture! it's really clean!

One task that wasn't on my to-do list was to make paper airplanes. Elsa and Lucas color blank paper and then ahnd it over to be reconfigured into a flying machine. I actually did it! I got a little coaching help along the way, but that's a-o-k since asking for help was on the list!

******

So, there are a few things that I really need to work on. One is getting off of the computer and facebook! I had said I would only spend three blocks of 30 minutes a day on the computer. I'm not there yet.
The other is not eating after 7:00. Gosh, did I even note that? Ever since school started, I pick at food all day, which I've always done - I'm a grazer. But, when I get home in the evening (10:45 pm), I'm famished and make something to eat. I would think that a small snack - a banana, some almond butter on an apple, a cup of yogurt - would be ok to nosh on this late at night. However, I whip up meals! I have to stop. Where's that willpower I was talking about in another post? To date, no one has sent me any of their extra. Perhaps, if I was more determined to be in bed by 11:00, I'd be less likely to eat.

Just a reminder...I entered a contest at http://www.mixingbowl.com/. If you go there, click on contests, look for the messiest food contest link, and find my user name - bigbutt. I have two entries...Stuffed Shells and a Grilled Guacamole, Tomato, and Cheese sandwich.  Please vote for one of mine:) The contest runs until February and you are permitted to vote every day! Thanks!

Word of the day...
Unanimous ~  Sharing  the same opinion or views : In complete agreement

2 comments:

  1. I made a version of the grilled cheese yesterday. I vote every day. Does anyone else? Have you voted on my Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies under YourFavoritePlace? I made the orange cake yesterday afternoon for the party I'm attending tonight. Can't wait to get a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, it looks amazing!! Everything 'orange' is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete