Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rhyming Day

This morning, I headed to south Denver for my first dance lesson at Swallow Hill. Ken is my teacher. He's been clogging since the 80's...he's 67 years old! Check out his dance group - http://www.hoofinhighcountry.clogdancing.com/

Today, it was just the two of us. I had a blast! I learned skipping, toe steps, and rocking. I have to work on the chug* (I can't believe I couldn't get something down called the chug). And my favorite step, the scuff! What a workout!



Along with the dancing, the music is awesome! I am now a fan of bluegrass and other folk music!


I had a great photo of the outside of Swallow Hill, but deleted it in error. When I go back for my next class, I'll take another picture. It's such a great building!

So, my day was spent clogging and blogging!

Clog on!

Word of the day...
CHUG  
–noun 1. a short, dull, explosive sound: the steady chug of an engine.
–verb (used without object) 2. to make this sound: The motor chugged.
3. to move while making this sound: The train chugged along.
–verb (used with object) 1. chug-a-lug.
–verb (used without object) 2. to drink something in large gulps: to chug on a bottle of beer.
–noun 3. a large gulp or swallow: He finished his beer in two chugs.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment