Thursday, January 21, 2010

Howdy!

When we went on our hike the other afternoon, I made a point of saying "howdy!" to everyone we saw on the trail! It was so easy. Colorado is home to some of the friendliest people on the planet. Often times, they beat me to the greeting!

I decided to continue with my "hellos!" while at the gym. I attend the Paul Derda Recreation Center in Broomfield. Like many people, I tend to frequent the facility within the same timeframe whenever I go, which by the way, has been at least 5 days a week ( my dedication* is resurfacing!). So, I see alot of the same folks each time I head to my work out...there is a group of new moms and babies that circle the track for 45 minutes or so, the red t-shirt wearing senior walkers, a handful of men with great legs who stick to the free-weight area, and - my favorite - the North Metro Firefighters!

Quickly, I realized that saying hello to people at the gym only seemed like a good idea in my head. Most people had something plugging their ears...the speakers (whatever they are called) from their ipods. Or hearing aids. The exceptions were the firefighters who, because they have to be able to hear the calls from their hand-held radios, have no such insertions streaming from their heads...nor do the babies in strollers who are exercising with their mommies. Since I'm somewhat shy around super-heroes, I could only bring myself to say goo-goo-ga-ga to the babes ( the ones in stollers)!

More about the gym later...

Night!

Word of the day...
Dedication ` 1. To set aside for sepcial use.  2. To commit oneself to a course of action

No comments:

Post a Comment