Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hearts on Fire

Whenever Lucas returns from school, he likes to put on his fuzzy sweats, have something ooey-gooey to eat, and curl up on the sofa under a pile of blankets. Such a Taurus. And so much like me.

Today, it was chilly. After getting settled, we decided that a fire would be nice. So, I started one (yes, it was in the fireplace). While fire-starting is on my list, I don't know that I can cross it off. I used one of those logs made from recycled material...this one was primarily from coffee grounds. Thankfully, it didn't smell like coffee, as I would have had to break down and have a mug of the real deal.

Anyway, after the fire got to roaring, we got to playing cards. I learned another card game...Hearts! Oodles* of fun!

When we finished, Lucas took a nap and I hung out next to him reading my new magazine - Cloth Paper Scissors...Or maybe it's Cloth Scissors Paper...I can't tell. Regardless of the title, if you're a crafty, artsy person and don't already subscribe to this zine, you should. It's amazing! I'm inspired to start creating!

*

What are some blogs that you read that deal with art, crafts, reusing/recycling material to use in projects?


Word of the day...
Oodles ~ A great amount, a whole heck of alot

No comments:

Post a Comment