Sunday, January 24, 2010

What I Learned From The Denver Stock Show

There were thousands of people at the stock show today. Certainly, we didn't perceive the events...the information presented to us...in the same way.

Here's what I realized from my experience ~

*  Men in cowboy hats are smokin' hot. As are the women.
*  I will never pass up a chance to wear my kickin' Ariat boots
*  Big, fat sausages are a hit in Colorado
*  I will have a farm, sooner than later.
*  I gave up caffeinated coffee, not beer. Cheers!
*  Johnny Cash is King (sorry, Elvis)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





(A)

Visiting the Denver Stock Show wasn't on my to-do list for 2010. However, I thought it would be a good way for me to connect with folks in the sheep raising and shearing circle since I need to give a shave to one (a sheep, not a person) by the end of the year.

Also, I was hoping there'd be someone to talk with about llamas, as being educated about them is on my list. Why? Well, one day, I'll have a farm. And on that farm, there was to be llamas. There wasn't any llama-learning going on, but there was the nicest couple from Daybreak Criations Alpacas - http://www.daybreakcriatios.com/ - who gave me a quick lesson on their favorite beasts. I've decided  the farm will have alpacas, not llamas. Why?




Aside from alpacas being cuter ( to me) than llamas, they are smaller both in weight and height. Thus, easier to handle. Also, alpacas produce a better fiber that can be used in weaving and felting. Upon further research about llamas, and this is the clincher, I found out that males can suffer from a disease that is brought on by being bottle-fed when young, as well as by bumping & nudging (in other words, playing llama games) with humans. It's called Berserk* Male Syndrome.
Hmmmm...crazed llamas.
Deranged male creatures. 
I think I'll pass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought it would be fun to have a caption contest. Whoever comes up with the funniest, most creative caption for pictures A, B, or C wins! You'll receive something from Colorado.








(B)



(C)







3 comments:

  1. http://www.nationalalpacafarmdays.com/

    Going to National Alpaca Days this years is on my list. It should be on yours, too! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-
    Here are my suggestions for the pix:
    1) The Pride That Won't Fall
    2) True Green!
    3) Mensa Meeting
    4) Alpaca, duck, goose?
    5) Farm Family Photo
    6) Who's the lucky lady?

    Celeste Wilhelm

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Think Before You Speak
    2. Sign of the Times
    3. Gossip Girls' Gathering
    4. Who's the Cutest?
    5. True Love
    6. Heart Attack Sausage

    ReplyDelete